Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Portal 2 delayed by two months until April 2011


Valve Software has gotten better at it in recent years with the Left 4 Dead series, but they still have quite the track record for delaying their games. Both Half-Life and Half-Life 2 were delayed by substantial amounts of time, and don’t get me started on the Half-Life 2 episodes: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 is at least two years overdue.

It’s disappointing, then, to hear that another of Valve’s much-anticipated sequels has ended up being delayed, but there’s good news: while it’s true that Portal 2 is being delayed, it’s not being delayed for very long… and the announcement itself is pretty funny.

Having sent out a message with the subject header “Valve Announces Shortest Delay In Valve History,” the games developer pushes the delivery of Portal 2 to April 2011, two months later than its slated February debut… which in turn was a delay from a fall of 2010 launch.

“This two month slip not only marks the shortest delay in Valve’s proud tradition of delays, it represents the approaching convergence of Valve Time and Real Time,” Valve wrote. “Though this convergence spells doom for humanity, it will not affect the new Portal 2 release date.”

31 comments:

Witdarkstar said...

Funny announcement from Valve, but nnooooooooooooo. Oh well just more waiting I suppose.

Coupons_Ftw said...

Hate how the new Half-Life was delayed, but hey, I rather play Dota 2 than Half-Life.

jura1991 said...

i follow you every day,,nice posts..:))

The Game Store Guy said...

I understand where you are coming from, yet at the same time delays aren't that bad. For companies such as Valve and Blizzard, a delay isn't so much a problem as a reassurance that the team is doing everything they can to ensure you enjoy your gaming experience. Embrace is (with the teams you know you can trust) and just enjoy one of the many other titles coming out.

Or kites. Kites are also pretty fun.

textileengineer said...

Apparantly Valve just has a really terrible developement process.

Izi said...

I cant wait it anymore!!! :(

Longkid said...

I'm kinda excited I guess...if its for the 360? idk.

CookingManiac said...

These techno blogs are great. :)

Zoy said...

Given all the super fun games Valve has released in the past, I'll forgive them for delaying Portal 2. But they really should try to stick to deadlines, or at least make them more reasonable.

SuciƓ Sanchez said...

SuciƓ looks forward to it - even though he sucked at Portal 1.

Rezden said...

I can't wait for Portal 2, I have high hopes for it. Even more so now because of the delay.

Ratch said...

:(
i was looking forward to this...

Paul said...

Can't wait for it!

Hitchcock said...

looking forward to portal II

Peter said...

noooooo
well, atleast I hope its gona be as awsome as I think it will lol

dee jey said...

interesting post dude

hippilazma said...

great review

Ronoh said...

Great announcement, crap that we have to wait 2 more months though.

David Davidson said...

At least we know that it's going to be good. Valve won't release something until it's perfect so I guess that's something positive.

arnyke said...

interesting post ! i like it
supportin& following you !

Come At Me Bro said...

Nice game!

Astra said...

I really am looking forward to this game!

Snickelsox said...

This shit really sucks. Just wait Portal 2 will become the next Duke Nukem Forever.

Mark said...

This sucks :( I can't wait for this game to come out!

iRetiv said...

nuuuuuuuuu noooooo
why they do this

ImmaFrog said...

amazing info

kokojesta said...

i never played the first one so im not too bothered... is it any good?

Gansita said...

A lot of time, indeed ;_;

Maxxy said...

I just can't wait

Kichuwa said...

I can honestly wait. I'm still waiting for Douk NOUKEM to sweep me off my feet.

L0ner said...

Well, that was expected. Which valve game wasn't delayed? It would be strange if they released this game as it was initially announced.
I think it's better if they delay a game and finish it properly rather than releasing on time nearly-finished (89%) game and then patch it up.

Post a Comment