Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Hulu Plus now open to subscribers without an invitation


We have been reporting on Hulu’s trial of a new paid subscription called Hulu Plus. Hulu Plus differs from the free version of Hulu in that paid subscribers will have access to all the episodes from a television show’s season rather than only a handful offered with the free version. Hulu Plus had only been available by invitation, but that has now changed.

The service has now been made available without an invitation. Hulu says the reason for this is so the company can continue to scale its infrastructure to a larger customer base. In addition to opening Hulu Plus for more subscribers, Hulu also announced the expansion of the number of devices supported by the service. Hulu Plus is now available on Sony BRAVIA 2010 televisions with more BRAVIA devices slated to support the service in the future. Also, PS3 owners with a PlayStation Network account will now be able to download and subscribe to Hulu Plus.

39 comments:

You Piss Me Off said...

I still can't bother to pay for Hulu. XD

Randy said...

I showed my friends your post and they enjoyed it! Keep them coming!

Robert K. said...

can't wait until your next post!!

Mark said...

It's so easy to download TV series or to stream them online that this seems kinda pointless.

Thomasheen said...

Cant get it in Europe. I just use Google anyway

level85nerd said...

oh i didnt know that!

Unlogic said...

Hulu has some great shows xD

RoodNverse said...

nice thats cool

Astra said...

:( i wont pay i'll stay free user

Kikimora said...

I hear for this for the first time now.

Sikori said...

pay? when I have torrents? no thanks.

aGas said...

hey, thanks for the tip.

Green_Magix said...

Awesome! I'll have to give it a look!

iRetiv said...

a FREEBIE?! im in!

Nailgun said...

Sweet, I love me some Hulu

Ishu said...

Dang, Hulu will take over the world! xD

Come At Me Bro said...

This is sweet!

Apps Master said...

clearly awsone. will take a look bro

Longkid said...

Need to get that!

Max said...

nice though I got agree with some others torrents are the way to go.

DJ Name Brands said...

cool that they support the ps3 again

ModerneFusion said...

I think I'll stick with Bitorrent >=)

Mr. Bloggity said...

Very cool!

SpringyB said...

Nice :D. If it's affordable I might look into it, I watch hulu enough for it to be worth it.

Digger said...

do they have this in Canada yet?

Sebastian said...

Woah, saweet!

Lemmiwinks said...

Kewl story, bra! waiting for updates from you

CAE.II said...

Interesting, although Netflix instaqueue is something I could never get rid of now!!

Home Alone Stoned said...

very enjoyable blog

The Blogster said...

very cool, ill check it out!

Donkote said...

yea i don't think ill ever pay for Hulu

Dan said...

Meh, I can do without Television shows. :)

Swift Love said...

I'm skeptical about this service

About Insurance said...

very interesting...

amidoinitrite? said...

haha, nice

MacPCharmony said...

this is pretty cool!

Fuuuuuuuu said...

good stuff here man

Cunning Linguist said...

thanks for sharing!

Gansita said...

Great, HULU is better than TV, lol

Post a Comment