Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

APB IP has been acquired, will become free-to-play game


There was a rumor last week that the rights to Realtime Worlds‘ MMO All Points Bulletin (APB) had been sold to free-to-play company K2 Network. It turns out that rumor is true, and APB is now set to become a free-to-play title.

K2 is best known for running the GamersFirst portal which focuses on offering free online games from Asia that have been localized for a Western audience. They all use the G1 credits system as an in-game revenue solution, something that APB players will probably have to use in the future.

Bjorn Book-Larsson, CTO and COO of GamersFirst commented:

APB was a game that had several exceptional features and some brilliant ideas, even though it was plagued by some initial balance and monetization issues. We want to take all the unique features of this title, such as its unparalleled character, weapon and car customization systems, and convert the game to a true free-to-play game. We are deep into the planning and early execution stages for this next chapter of APB and we will share more details in the near future. In order to put ‘Gamers First’ we will also actively engage the community in many aspects of all the planned changes.

Development of the game will be continued by Reloaded Productions, a wholly owned subsidiary of GamersFirst. It also looks likely the game will re-release with the name APB: Reloaded.

38 comments:

CAE.II said...

That's awesome! Thanks for confirming that rumor! That is definitely going to be one I will be playing!!

Gansita said...

That game seems fun, I hope my computer can support that game. Thanks for the info!

SC2 Strats said...

awesome. free is my favorite number.

Digger said...

i heard that rumor too, i'll be keeping an eye on this

S said...

free to play is my favorite kind of game :)

Unlogic said...

wow, can't wait :)

Ken said...

I think that might be a good thing for the game.. Imo

Mr.Brightside said...

Supporting!

Sebastian said...

Great post! Keep it up!

hippilazma said...

interesting

vogelhut said...

I'm all for free to play MMOs. I hate paying subscription fees because I always feel I won't be playing the game to my full money's worth.

Suciô Sanchez said...

Might try it now. Crackdown 1 was great.

Apps Master said...

nice to know :) thanks :)

Izi said...

This looks great!

Rezden said...

Sweet, this is good news. Hopefully the game will improve greatly now.

Frank said...

Dude, hell yes, that sounds REALLY good !!

arnyke said...

I like your post and I would really like to see more of them!

Ishu said...

Free! that's what I'm talking about!

Paul said...

Hopefully they can make the game good.

MoneyNaoPlz said...

This is some sick news!

dee jey said...

cool game. I dont howe this game

Shabondama said...

I didn't know that game, looks great!

Hitchcock said...

awesome!

iRetiv said...

i am going to play i cant wait for it YAY

Center50 said...

Nice. Might have to add this to the list of games to try.

The Informant said...

I never heard of this before. I'll be looking into this.

Astra said...

i wonder if i should check it out since it will be f2p

NarwhalMinded said...

It may be free but will it be good?

pixel said...

very cool

Come At Me Bro said...

I need this game!

Matte said...

Finally! Can't wait to play this game! :D

tortacular said...

good post! Thanks for checking out my blog!

SpringyB said...

Nice! That's good news. I hope it doesn't suddenly suck after going free though.

OC-STEVEN said...

oh thats cool i do like me free games

T.dot said...

free games are the best

Dan said...

This looks really awesome. The best part about GTA was just killing things and blowing up crap. If they made an FPS view that kicked butt, this thing could blow so much out of the water.

Daytona Jones said...

great news!

Display Safe said...

Omg I have been waiting for this game to go f2p :D I'm going to start the d/l now.

Post a Comment