Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

PSP Go may drop in price this weekend


If you’ve been thinking about getting a PSP Go you may want to wait to buy one until this weekend. That’s because Jostiq is reporting a rumor that the PSP Go is expected to drop in price today. The rumor is based on a tip from an employee who works at an Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES)-based store.

The employee backed up their tip by providing an image of a memo which outlines the price drop and its effective date of Friday, October 15th. The new price is expected to be $199.95. Other store contacts couldn’t verify the price drop, but Joystiq believes the rumor has been further substantiated by Sony’s silence on the matter since they have neither confirmed or denied the price drop.

Personally, I think the bigger story may be the fact that the U.S. military’s issue with leaks continue. The good news is that if true this is at least one bit of confidential military information that didn’t make it on WikiLeaks first.

28 comments:

vogelhut said...

Can't say I've been thinking of getting one.

Edward said...

Now thinking of buying one....

Pro said...

eh I will wait till it drops further.

Unlogic said...

me either.. don't think I'll buy myself one anytime soon... just not so impressed with it :S

BLUERAD said...

I think the old PSP is still superior

Igloo said...

sweet! cheaper is always better.

The Lazy Geographer said...

That man is a traitor to his nation. He needs to be put up against a wall and slapped with a trout.

DjTont said...

Nice one, must get one

Mac said...

Love the PSP its my shit!

SC2 Strats said...

oohhh neat. though I think they should have dropped it a long time ago.

Damien said...

Maybe you could do a review of the good points of the PSP Go, and the bad points of it. I don't really know of any good reason to go get it, honestly, even with the price drop. :(

MASS said...

I've got one of the old "phat" psp's. Any amazing reason why I should shell out 200 bucks for the newer one?

MacPCharmony said...

thanks for sharing this!

J. Antonio said...

Good news...
Maybe i'll get one

Dbankai said...

eh i'll stick with my hacked psp :3 cfw ftw

Nikola Begedin said...

I got mine in an online contests, so I don't really care about the price. I'm just waiting for it to get hacked.

Hemera said...

I own good old fat PSP. It's even strange to hold another :D

lulz for me said...

Great post. Showing support!

kokiloten said...

i totally want a psp, thanks!

thecatzpajamas said...

whatever im sitll broke fml

aGas said...

wow, good to know. maybe now i'll grab one.

Fuuuuuuuu said...

I'd still wait for the new generation one

Banks said...

thank god i waited for buying

NeedlessToSay said...

Either way I still cannot afford one

Randy Weezner said...

swell to hear

Author said...

Still too much!

yoda said...

damn.. ill hold out until its free

Lulz and stuff said...

honestly i cant stand the psp go...

Post a Comment