Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Google’s Nexus Two Android phone is a rebranded Galaxy S with video chat


The Internet’s been lighting up over the past few days with rumors that Google will soon be unveiling the successor to their so-called Googlephone, the HTC Nexus One. Scuttlebutt pegs the Nexus Two as launching on November 7th, the same day that Windows Phone 7 launches, but otherwise we don’t know much about it.

Gizmodo claims that a friend of theirs has gotten their hands on the Nexus Two and are quick to spill the details about what to expect. According to Gizmodo and confirming other rumors, the Nexus Two is designed by Samsung and is, in fact, a redesigned Galaxy S smartphone, albeit with a tapered design that makes the phone feel thinner.

The Galaxy S is still one of the most impressive Android handsets around, especially given its gorgeous AMOLED display, but Samsung is pushing the envelope a bit with the Nexus Two: according to Gizmodo, the handset will feature a front-facing camera to help Google compete with Apple’s Facetime, and that video chat on the Nexus Two will be achieved using the same protocol as Google Talk.

Otherwise, the Nexus Two doesn’t sound revolutionary… but given how strong the hardware line-up of the Android ecosystem is, that’s to be expected. My big question is whether or not Google will sell the Nexus Two unlocked, like the Nexus One before it: sure, Google boned that up, but an unlocked, top-of-the-line Android handset is a device to be coveted.

29 comments:

comradejoker.blogspot.com/ said...

How could they get away with that?

Donkote said...

great another phone with a few new features that people are going to go crazy over

Touch and Feel said...

I hope it's sexy like the nexus one was

PlanetBen said...

I love my Droid X it will be awhile before I can afford to switch

Swift Love said...

haha, I didn't know that!

ModerneFusion said...

I think they most likely will sell it unlocked, just to get the upper edge. Will definitely blow apple out of the competition... hopefully

MacPCharmony said...

I've never had a Droid... maybe it's time?

Erroneous Maximus said...

Galaxy sounds cooler

Mr. Bloggity said...

Still have yet to own a droid or iphone, ill go droid when i do though

SC2 Strats said...

huh interesting.

Dan said...

I like video chat. but not enough people have it :*(

Banks said...

cool phn but want an incredible

LM said...

i like iphone

Zalecodone said...

Can't get all the phones :p

NePsuj said...

a pretty one :D

vogelhut said...

They're just trying to make a buck.

aGas said...

i like my htc legend.

frankie, my cat. said...

I've just ordered a HTC Desire HD, but I have tried the Galaxy S. It's a very good phone, but I expect the Nexus to be like a copy of galaxy :|

iRetiv said...

video chat huh? im totally getting it then!

Ningen said...

at least the name sound better, kee:}

MoneyNaoPlz said...

I'll keep my iphone 4....

amidoinitrite? said...

I'd like to try out this phone

Fuuuuuuuu said...

I like HTC phones

Gansita said...

I'd buy a cellphone buy I don't have any friend to call or text, lol

lulz for me said...

Thanks for reading my blog!

SC2 Strats said...

looks pretty sweet.

Swift Love said...

that's interesting!

MacPCharmony said...

I'm more of a BlackBerry guy though

MTL beer said...

I'd love an unlocked one.

Post a Comment