Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Adobe Flash hits 1 million Android downloads


Some users are excited about the iPhone hitting Verizon at the end of the month. It’s a great device, with a front-facing camera, high-resolution screen, and hundreds of thousands of available apps, but it still can’t use Adobe’s Flash. Meanwhile, the Android market has enjoyed its 1 millionth Flash Player 10.1 download since its release. 1 million downloads is an impressive milestone, especially for an app that has contributed to the Android platform’s steadily growing market share.

Flash on Android phones feels very unpolished and inconsistent. Some web-based games don’t load. Some web-based video players don’t load. I tried loading Hulu, but got a message that it was unavailable for Android (but that Hulu Plus will get Android support in the future, if I want to pay for it). I loaded a video on The Spoony Experiment, which was extremely jerky but still watchable. As a Flash platform, Android is incomplete, albeit incomplete for over a million users now.

41 comments:

Blogster said...

well at least its a step up, i mean every phone but the android does not have adobe flash capabilities. Im sure they'll rework it to the point where its stable.

Rnlxndr said...

I don't think Apple will ever get with Flash. That sucks.

hippilazma said...

well this is good news cause i hate ipad

dzikrk said...

I must download it on my android

kokiloten said...

ive waited for it :(

ChopperDave said...

That's good news, alright.

razortek said...

nice i didn't know!

pixel said...

i am still happy with my dumb phone - i'll leave the flash to my computers

Longkid said...

wow thats crazy!

Stav88os said...

Nice post!:)

Follow me here!;)
http://animalsfromtheworld.blogspot.com/

Randy Weezner said...

about time

Max Steel said...

The lack of flash is one of the big things I like about the iphone too much flash these days

Quinn Electronics said...

Im stuck with att

Jackie said...

Great stuff, keep it up !

Savage Nugget said...

Sucks about reliablity. D:

lovebloggin said...

dayum

swizzfor said...

good to hear

Fuuuuuuuu said...

is Android taking over?

Blogster said...

thanks for visiting my blog!

dirtfarmer said...

i got one of these. it's awesome.

Weirdwhirl said...

Really miss flash on my 3GS, grr, curse you Apple!!

Freshman said...

cool post!

amidoinitrite? said...

nice, flash on a cell phone

holy. said...

can't wait for it to come to the cell !

MMAwillgrow said...

cool post brah

SC2 Strats said...

Flash still has a long way to go in the mobile world.

vibe said...

android is pwning

vogelhut said...

Too bad iPhone doesn't have flash.

Synthetic Soiree said...

freaking about time. keep going android

lol reviewer said...

that's a good achievement

Liv said...

I don't really care about either of the phones. I don't need one that does all that extra shit, I just text and take pictures. I'm simply lol

Ratch said...

apple would want to get to terms with flash if it is going to dominate the market

Ishu said...

Flash simply owns

Joebloggs said...

Personally I don't quite see this as a major achievement

Swift Love said...

android is taking over

D.Eggert said...

I'm one of those million downloaders! Flash 10.1 on my Droid X is probably the best thing since the Android platform came out!

Edward said...

The iPhone's even worse. The native OS doesn't use flash. I can't play Tenhou on the go! Boo.

Erroneous Maximus said...

pretty big number for them, and increasing in an upward curve too I'm sure. Cool blog, following.

thecatzpajamas said...

hahaha lucky for flash but w/e IPHONE IS THE BESTT

Banks said...

iphone is worthless without flash. jailbreaking FTW

yoda said...

flash..cant live with it. cant live without it

Post a Comment